Stop Struggling. Start launching better products faster — and with less frustration.
How did your last product launch go? If it was like most product development teams’ experience, it was rife with rework, missed deadlines, cost overruns, and low morale.
In this in-depth course, skilled coaches will introduce you to the proven and holistic development framework of Lean Product and Process Development (LPPD), which will enable you to build a dynamic, continually improving innovation system. You will learn how to:
- align the entire enterprise to accelerate time to market
- reduce design rework
- reduce development team frustration
- deliver what the customer wants and needs in a new product or service.
What is Lean Product and Process Development?
LPPD is a systems approach to development that integrates people, processes, and tools with a unique set of principles and practices that enables your organization to reliably and repeatedly deliver top-quality products and services that capture and maintain competitive advantage.
The LPPD framework works because it aligns the enterprise across functional silos, including key suppliers, through such practices and methods as the concept paper, obeya management, and rapid learning and knowledge reuse.
By the end of this workshop, which includes your engagement in a hands-on, simulated development project with a cross-functional team, you will be able to:
- Create a plan to improve your development system.
- Apply methods for understanding the customer’s experience and needs so you and your team can create products or services that they will love.
- Align the organization on what the product must be for both the customer and the business.
- Implement practices that ensure effective and timely collaboration across work teams.
- Manage development work visually in an obeya room to ensure the project team quickly addresses issues, keeping the project moving forward and avoiding rework.
- Position yourself for further success with your newly acquired skills and practical insights from expert coaches, case studies of different industries, and the perspectives of fellow attendees.
- Understand how LPPD processes and tools enable people to achieve their full potential.
With minimal time spent on theory, the workshop emphasizes learning how to apply LPPD through a simulated development project with a cross-functional team under the guidance of two LPPD thought leaders. They’ll help you plan how to implement what you learned back at work.
You and your team will receive 15 hours of in-depth instruction, conveniently broken up into five three-hour sessions over two weeks.
Register two or more students from your organization and save 12.5% off every registration. To receive a group discount, each attendee must register individually using the appropriate link below.
- Sept 26 – 30, 2022: here
- Dec 5 – 9, 2022: here
- Communication Channel: We host all our documents and assignments on a browser-based platform. To view all course materials, get announcements, and access zoom links, log onto the e-learning website. We recommend using the latest version of the Google Chrome browser when accessing the e-learning website.
- Zoom: We will host our live meetings on zoom. You will receive an invitation with the meeting link.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops two weeks before the course’s start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within two weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel, please call LEI at (617) 871-2900 or email email@example.com.
You and your team will receive 15 hours of in-depth instruction, conveniently broken up into five three hour sessions over one week.
11 AM ET – 2 PM ET
Workshop Dates (Eastern Time):
Session 1: Intro to LPPD principles
Monday, September 26
Session 2: Study Phase: Concept Paper, Obeya
Tuesday, September 27
Session 3: Study Phase: Decision Flow & Learning Cycles
Wednesday, September 28
Session 4: Execution Phase: Visual Schedule – synchronize workstreams and flow
Thursday, September 29
Session 5: People First: Case studies and your next steps
Friday, September 30